Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold and Fever

5 posters

Go down

Cold and Fever Empty Cold and Fever

Post by 2TA Sun 16 Nov - 16:59

So this weekend, myself and my poor monkey have been suffering from a cold... well, mostly just snotty noses and sore throats... Jess has been having temps ranging from 38.5 - 39.7 - poor thing. I am so amazed at how she has been though, still in very high spirits. She's currently hopping around like a bunny - with a temp of 38.7!

And what is the difference between Calpol and Ponstan?

If she still has a fever tomorrow - it's off to the Doc... I feel so terrible as you feel so helpless when they're sick. Hubby and I said this morning that we have been truly blessed as she's been sick about twice in her life... and this is her first proper cold!

and one more thing... what can a pregnant heffer take while sick with a cold? I just need a bit of a pick me up :)
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 12822
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Everything happens for a reason...
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Cold and Fever Empty Re: Cold and Fever

Post by Shola Sun 16 Nov - 17:51

Hallo! Hope u get better soon! :)

U can take panado and use vicks while pregnant. I also had a throat spray which really helped soothe my throat whn i was pregnant and sick... sorry, can't remember the name of it but the pharmacist should know which one is safe for pregnant women.
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8667

Back to top Go down

Post by QT Sun 16 Nov - 18:22

Ag shame man. Sounds like your little one might have tonsilitis.
Yeah, you can just take panado, I know it sucks. I had terrible flu while pregnant and I couldn't take anything besides panado. I was so stuffed. Hope you 2 feel better soon. hugs
QT
QT
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5770
Birthday : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Sun 16 Nov - 19:49

I took Zinc morning and evening when I was preggies with a cold. It really made a difference, I feel. We now always include it when we're ill or feeling run-down. Also Cal-c Vitae and a multi-vitamine. I believe in Viral Choice for the little ones. And steam with a nebuliser with a tiny bit of ACC in it, it really makes a difference and lets you breath easier! We also put the humidifier on with eucolyptus oil in it.

good luck! , hope you both feel better soon!!!
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by 2TA Sun 16 Nov - 20:10

Thanks guys... Jessie's temp managed to drop down to 38 just before she went to bed, which is the lowest it's been since Friday :) hopefully she's on the mend...

Es, for those cal-c vitae - can I take them while I'm pregnant?
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2TA Sun 16 Nov - 20:11

PS. Es, surely you know the difference between Calpol and Ponstan?
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Mon 17 Nov - 8:33

2TA wrote:PS. Es, surely you know the difference between Calpol and Ponstan?

Nope, unfortunately I've never bought or used Calpol in my life! Don't know why? My kids reacts very well on panado, and for something more anti-inflammatory I've mostly used Myprodyl syrup or Ponstan on the rare occassion.

I used Cal-C Vitae in my pregnancy. I'm pretty sure it's safe, the pharmacyst gave it to me. It's only a few vitamins with lots of Vit C.
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunch Mon 17 Nov - 9:33

2TA, Calpol is just Paracetamol (like Panado) and Ponstan is Mefenamic acid which is an anti-inflammatory as well.
For yourself you can use Iliadin nasal spray. For me the worst part of a cold is that runny nose and Iliadin works well for that part!
Good luck-hope you2 get better soon!
Cold and Fever
Cold and Fever DJ3xCold and Fever
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2561
Birthday : Somerset West

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov - 11:43

T2A you can use Expigen cough syrup should your cold progress to that - dont swallow it though just gargle & spit out (whatever is left worx wonders)

hope that makes sense

Back to top Go down

Post by 2TA Mon 17 Nov - 14:06

Sorry - only saw these replies now...
thanks for the explanation on the difference between calpol and ponstan HB... so is ponstan more like nurophen (for kiddies)...
I'll definitely try that nasal spray as my nose feels like it's run a marathon! and it's rather tender from blowing!!!
I feel like I am getting worse... luckily though, Jessie's temp has dropped down back to normal... she's still also got a very runny nose and is a bit niggly (she's having her second sleep today) but at least the fever has gone!!!
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down