Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tick Fever!!!!

+5
Shola
Niki
Niknaks
Una
Melanie
9 posters

Go down

Tick Fever!!!! Empty Tick Fever!!!!

Post by Melanie Wed 17 Dec - 5:25

So we found out yesterday that Mikalah has tick fever and I feel terrible for blaming her constant crying and vomiting to teething. I feel like I should have noticed it sooner. The bit is behind her ear behind her hair so I never noticed it but the worst is DH found the tick and removed it and conveniently 'forgot' to tell me about it so I'm outraged and furious to say the least. My nunu must have felt terrible this whole time and the best I could do was rub her gums with Prodol!! Horrible mommy for the week.... and the award goes to!!

Has anybody else been diagnosed with it before??
How long does it last??

Should have probably posted this under health sorry but the lack of sleep is getting to me!!
Melanie
Melanie
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 925
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Tick Fever!!!! Empty Re: Tick Fever!!!!

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec - 6:14

Oh no Melanie, so sorry!! Shame your poor little soul must be suffering!!! My mom had it once and it lasted about 2 weeks....
Hope she feels better soon :)

hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec - 6:22

i had it a cpl of yrs ago and it also lasted for 2 weeks - but i had it mild as it never returned...

my mom got it in 2006, in 2007 at the same time period as when she had it the previous yr she got sick again... we are really hoping it doesnt return again this year...

hugs for M - maybe just up her fluids

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Wed 17 Dec - 6:51

hugs
Poor baby, hope she feels better soon.
Una
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3378
Birthday : Pretoria
Favourite Quote : In the centre of your heart, is a small part, and that is where your soul must go to dream-Julia Cameron
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Niknaks Wed 17 Dec - 6:59

Shame, man. Don't feel bad - these things happen and how were you supposed to know it was a tick that bit her? At least you considered teething an option... when Kaitlyn was crying I thought she was just being difficult. Felt so bad when the teeth eventually came through.

The good thing is that you at least know what it is now. Good luck!
Niknaks
Niknaks
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2828
Birthday : 11 December
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Niki Wed 17 Dec - 7:05

Shame Malanie, that is terrible, I have had it twice (we lived on a farm for a while) and on both occasions I thought I was dying -the headaches are the worst!

Dont feel bad for missing it, when I first had it I went to the doc three times! Was told it was a cold, glandular fever and stress...

It lasts about two weeks, but the first week is def the worst - the fever and headaches gets better from the second week

Hang in there!
Niki
Niki
Valued Member

Number of posts : 4885
Favourite Quote : "The happiest people do not have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Wed 17 Dec - 8:50

Shame Melanie - dont feel bad - at least u were giving her pain meds of some sort- hope she recovers soon!
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8667

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Wed 17 Dec - 9:38

Ag shame Melanie, poor, poor little girl! It really is quite a painful thing, I heard. Both my dad and my dh's aunt had it. The aunt complained about hip & thigh pain being the worst. My dad was quite ill as well. Both felt better by the second week.

The worst must be over, and she won't remember any of it. The prodol may have even helped a tiny bit, since it's absorbed through spit into her system. So don't feel so bad. You did try to help. Hindsight is a bad thing. Remember that we make our decisions based on what we know at the time, not what knowledge we gain in the future!

Melanie wrote:Should have probably posted this under health sorry but the lack of sleep is getting to me!!

I'll move this over to the health section once all the comments have been posted.
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by BAM Wed 17 Dec - 10:15

Shame man thats terrible - poor little thing hugs But you can't blame yourself for not knowing - you were doing the best you could xxx
BAM
BAM
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 7154
Birthday : Port Elizabeth
Favourite Quote : This too will pass...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lize U Wed 17 Dec - 14:00

Ive had tick fever.So I know how bad it is.Dont blame yourself my mom also didn't know.!
Lize U
Lize U
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5404
Birthday : Port Elizabeth
Favourite Quote : Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunch Wed 17 Dec - 15:11

Shame Mel, how is she? Is she on antibiotics?
Don't blame yourself-it's actally a difficult diagnosis!
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2561
Birthday : Somerset West

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie Wed 17 Dec - 15:22

Thanx for all the good wishes and kind words!!

Honeybunch wrote:Shame Mel, how is she? Is she on antibiotics?
Don't blame yourself-it's actally a difficult diagnosis!

Today is the first day she is actually doing ok!! No more constant screaming and being irritated with everything I think the worst must be over because she has been niggly for the past week and a half. The worst is she's busy cutting 5 teeth as well so she must really feel horrible.
The only thing that worries me is that she sleeps constantly she is in a complete daze with or without meds so I'm really worried. She also gets these sudden outburst and starts screaming and the she throws up can it be the fever acting up??

I just wish she was old enough to tell me what's hurting but she only looks at me with these drooping eyes begging me to help her!! sad
Melanie
Melanie
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 925

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec - 15:29

Oh melanie so sorry for both of you still :) hugs my friend!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Wed 17 Dec - 15:36

I'm a bit ill with a possible strep throat, and it causes severe headaches. When I stand up (without meds in me) I want to throw up from the sudden surge of pain. Maybe this is the same with her? I too had fever, which worsened the headaches of cause.

My dh's aunt that had the tickbite fever also said she was very tired and sleepy. But keep an eye on it, if she doen't improve in a few days, take her back to a doc.
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Dec - 15:39

Yea I remember my mom being bed ridden too with sleepiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down