Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fever

3 posters

Go down

Fever Empty Fever

Post by Lizelle Thu 15 Jan - 7:47

Yesterday afternoon after picking her up at her daymother, she told me she was tired and was lying on the couch. Later on she fell asleep and I then descovered she had a fever. (38 -39)

I tried to give her some still pain, but she would take it, so I put it in her milk bottle and she drank it. At 22:40 she was still warm(38-39) and I inserted a Panamore. At 23:00 the fever was gone BUT this morning it was back - 38!

Now what on earth can cause this now? She doesn't look sick other wise, no rash, no runny nose, nothing. She was lying with her mouth open last night as if her nose was stuffed, but there were no snollas(TMI, sorry)..

Everytime she'd get a fever I know ther's teeth coming, but which ones are suppose to come out now?? Can it be her 2yr moulers and where are they sitting - I tried to look into her mouth, but can really see anything.
Fever 47490
Lizelle
Lizelle
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3004
Birthday : South Africa
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Fever Empty Re: Fever

Post by Honeybunch Thu 15 Jan - 7:52

I see a lot of babies at the practice with no other symptoms but fever...and it turns out to be tonsillitis of ear infection. Maybe take her to the doc if the fever isn't better by 15h00.
Shame, good luck. hugs
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2561
Birthday : Somerset West
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizelle Thu 15 Jan - 7:55

Thanks HB, I did tell the daymother to watch her and let me know by 12pm so I can still make an appointment. The daymother actualy did mentioned tonsillitis as well..
I don't think it's her ears though, caused I cleaned them this morning and she didn't look bothered by it at all - told me to clean them again.
Lizelle
Lizelle
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Thu 15 Jan - 9:28

Shame, I hope she's better soon! Let us know?
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizelle Thu 15 Jan - 9:31

Thanks Essie - I'm taking her to the dr now at 11am as she had 3 runny poo's(sorry TMI) already. The daymother said she didn't want to eat only drank half a bottle of water.
Maybe it's a stomach goga - her cusson's tummy is also not lekker and one of the other children at daymother had to use the loo 2 yeasterday..
So I will let you know when I get back.
Lizelle
Lizelle
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down