Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiche Lorraine - by Charrup

Go down

Quiche Lorraine - by Charrup Empty Quiche Lorraine - by Charrup

Post by Essie Wed 31 Dec - 9:30

1 Puff pastry (normally shortcrust but I prefer it with puff)
25g butter
300g streaky bacon (i use one packet shoulder bacon cut up medium)
250ml double cream (I use the normal clover fresh cream)
3 eggs
grated nutmeg (bottle works just fine)

Preheat oven to 200deg.
Line a 25cm fluted loose-based tart tin with the pastry. (I just use a normal size glass quiche dish)
Line the pastry shell with a crumple piece of greaseproof paper and baking beads (use dry beans or rice if you dont have beads).
Blind bake the pastry for 10mins, remove the paper and beads and bake for a further 3-5mins, or until the pastry is just cooked but still very pale.
Reduce the oven to 180deg.

Melt the butter in a samll frying pan and cook the bacon until golden. Drain on paper towels.

Mix together the cream and eggs and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (just go very easy on salt since the bacon is quite salty). Scatter the bacon into the pastry shell and then pour in the egg mixture. Bake for 30mins, or until the filling is set. Leave in the tin for 5 mins before serving.

We also add about a cup of grated emmantale or chedder spreading it with the bacon.

A variation we've tried is using salmon fillet -- just do a quick pan fry to cook them and then flake it into the dish instead of bacon.

Serves about 8 although we clean it very easily :))
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down