Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicken Korma - by 2TA

Go down

Chicken Korma - by 2TA Empty Chicken Korma - by 2TA

Post by Venus Thu 16 Oct - 15:24

Ingredients:
3 Tblsp oil
1 chopped onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 Tblsp plain flour
2 Tblsp mild Korma curry powder (I use the normal mild curry powder)
1 pack chicken breasts, cut into cubes
350ml chicken stock
25g raisins (optional)
1 Tblsp chopped coriander (I leave this out - i hate the stuff)
1 tsp garam masala
juice of half a lemon (or you could just use the lemon juice out the bottle)
4 Tblsp sour cream
Fried onion rings for garnish (optional: I fry them really dark and crispy in loads of butter, paprkia and fresh grated ginger)

Method:
1. Heat oil in large heavy based saucepan, add onion, garlic and cook gently for about 5 minutes/until soft.
2. In a bowl, place flour and curry powder and mix together. Toss chicken in seasoned flour, coating well. Add chicken to onion and garlic, then cook stirring for 3 - 4 minutes/until lightly browned. Stir in the seasoned flour and cook for a minute. (it might stick at this stage but once you add the chicken stock, you'll find it won't be a problem)
3. Add stock and raisins and bring to a boil, stirring. Cover and simmer for abougt 15 minutes. Add coriander and garam masala and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and sour cream.
5. Return to low heat and warm through, taking care not to let mixture boil.
6. Serve with jasmine rice and onion rings
Venus
Venus
Admin

Number of posts : 12405
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming, "WOO HOOOO! What a ride!"
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.bridal-lane.com

Back to top Go down