Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nappy Rash

+2
Petro
Una
6 posters

Go down

Nappy Rash Empty Nappy Rash

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct - 7:39

Morning ladies
Ok i know this subject came up alot on PF but i never really paid attention cause Wyatt never had Nappy Rash.. that is until now. he has got it so bad he is screaming when i put him in the bath at night. Now im sure someone once mentioned Mazina works great for nappy rash, am i right or have I fallen off the horse somewhere? And if it does work do i just make it into a paste with some water?

Back to top Go down

Nappy Rash Empty Re: Nappy Rash

Post by Una Fri 10 Oct - 7:42

I know Maizena works, egg white also works very well.
And then there is Antipeol, absolutely fantastic.
Shame, I hope it gets better soon!
Una
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3378
Birthday : Pretoria
Favourite Quote : In the centre of your heart, is a small part, and that is where your soul must go to dream-Julia Cameron
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct - 7:50

MOW, yes you are stil riding that horse!!!! Lying in the sun without a nappy also helps.
Please let us know how Wyat is doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct - 7:53

Thanks ladies. tonight my son is getting Maizena all over his butt!! hehe! And tomorrow we are baking in the sun. This morning i did let him lay without a nappy from when he woke up until it was almost time to go. But gee he just loves peeing when there is no nappy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petro Fri 10 Oct - 8:00

Canestan Vaginal Cream helps for nappy rash. It is a bit expensive but always worth it to have a tube in home - for when mommy has infection / thrush and for when baby has nappy rash. I used to use it on my brothers' children when they were babies and it cleared it up almost immediately. Good Luck! Hope it get betters soon.

Nappy Rash FoenNappy Rash
Petro
Petro
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5433
Birthday : Kempton Park
Favourite Quote : Live and let live
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Oct - 8:07

Petro, I used to use Metaspor Vaginal Cream for my LO's nappy rash. Also worked well.

MOW, hope LO gets better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Aug - 18:40

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and very very urgenty need your help.

I've got a 10 month old baby girl who has a very very bad nappy rash/fungal infection. Nothing seems to help. I did the egg white, Bepanthen, Maizena, Vaginal cream, Lenovate, Fissan paste, Quadriderm, a mix from the pharmacist containning zink ointment and turlington and the doctor gave me an anti-fungal cream and nothing, NOTHING is making it better.

Now my doctor suggests that I change her nappy brand. Can anyone please help me on this matter?!? xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alison_L Sat 14 Aug - 14:37

Gosh Linda, sounds like you've tried everything, can't think what else to suggest. What nappies are you using now? My daughter once had a small patch of fungal infection on the lower part of her tummy under her nappy I used something called tinaderm and the clinic sister gave me something for her to take orally too ( cant remember what it was though). I remember that it took a long time for it to clear and my doc said it was because the nappy area is the ideal place for that kind of thing to grow cos its almost always warm and moist. I can only think of maybe leaving her without a nappy as often as you can, exposure to the fresh air and light should help get rid of it.
Good luck
Alison_L
Alison_L
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 6191
Birthday : Johannesburg
Favourite Quote : Having children is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Alison_L Sat 14 Aug - 14:38

oh yes, and give whatever remedy you are using time to work, chopping and changing to often wont work either.
Alison_L
Alison_L
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 6191
Birthday : Johannesburg
Favourite Quote : Having children is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Didi D Mon 16 Aug - 14:22

Antipeol will fix it in 24h. Most of the moms on this site will suggest the same.

And as a precaution - change the nappy brand and see how it goes.

But please try the Antipeol.
Didi D
Didi D
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : 03-10-1979
Favourite Quote : Say more, speak less !
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Tue 17 Aug - 0:05

Nappy Rash 697172 Linda!!!

I only saw this post now, sorry! When you have an urgent query, please post in the "Moms and Dads" section, you'll get much more help much quicker. This health section isn't too active...LOL. I can move this thread over if you want to?

About the nappy rash. When my 3rd baby was 6 weeks old, he too had the most horrid fungal nappy rash. It looked like his bum had 2rd degree burns. They gave him anti-fungal and cortisone creams, as well as oral anti-fungal meds. After a few weeks it was better, but still there. So I started putting a capful of that green "fresh" bottle of dettol in his bathwater. I know some urologists don't like dettol, and I don't know why. Because it worked immediately and within a week of doing this, every last bit of nappy rash was GONE! Completely gone and it never returned.

So if you want to, try this?
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Wed 22 Dec - 12:14

I struggled with a bad rash with Alexia and also tried everything and the got hold of Sudocreme. This stuff fixed her rash in 12h. you can get it from Clicks.
Chantel
Chantel
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3392
Birthday : Gauteng
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down