Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pizza Dough - by JanD

4 posters

Go down

Pizza Dough - by JanD Empty Pizza Dough - by JanD

Post by JanD Fri 3 Oct - 8:13

for 2 pizzas
3 cups of bread flour
1 sachet instant yeast
1tspn sugar
half tsp salt
1 tblspoon olive oil
1 cup hand hot water

mix all dry ingredients and olive oil together then add the water slowly mixing with a wooden spoon or your hands until you have a soft elastic dough(if you have a mixer you can do it in there too - much easier!! until dough comes away from sides and forms a ball)

otherwise knead the dough on floured surface for a couple of minutes and put into a bowl cover with plastic wrap - and leave for about an hour or until doubled in size(half an hour usually in warm weather - sadly not for us in cape town!!)

then take out the bowl knead briefly again - divide into 2 and roll out to about half a cm thickness- place on oiled baking sheet.

sauce(make before you start the dough so it cancook and cool a bit)
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic chopped
teaspoon dried or fresh parsley
teaspoon dried oregano

put about a tablespoon of olive oil in a pot and toss in everything else simmer for about 20 mins or until sauce has reduced by half add a little sugar if you like your sauce a bit sweeter.

put a little sauce (about 2 to 3 tablespoons in the middle of your rolle dout pizza base and spread to outside but not up to edge of pizza(bout 1-2 cm in from edge) then top with mozzarella grated(we mix mozarella with cheddar) and anything else you want - dont make it to full of stuff else your pizza will go soggy - my DH loves a chilli bolognaise on his (after cooking he puts it on top - sticks back in the oven for about 5 minutes and then puts slices of avo on top)

cook in a preheated oven at 200 deg for about 20mins until base is crispy and topping slightly browned -

thats my recipe MOW - ;-)
JanD
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3310
Birthday : 16 june
Favourite Quote : I always lie about my age..I tell people Im 10 years older than I am..then they always think I look great for my age
Registration date : 2008-09-24

http://www.veritespa.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Pizza Dough - by JanD Empty Re: Pizza Dough - by JanD

Post by Guest Fri 3 Oct - 8:18

thank you sounds delish!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by JanD Fri 3 Oct - 8:20

it is!!
JanD
Valued Member

Favourite Quote : I always lie about my age..I tell people Im 10 years older than I am..then they always think I look great for my age

Back to top Go down

Post by Una Fri 3 Oct - 8:24

Can you make pizza from puff pastry?
Una
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3378
Birthday : Pretoria
Favourite Quote : In the centre of your heart, is a small part, and that is where your soul must go to dream-Julia Cameron

Back to top Go down

Post by JanD Fri 3 Oct - 8:25

ja you can just add the toppings like you would on the rolled out pizza base.
JanD
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Oct - 8:26

No I dont think puff pastry will make a nice pizza..... different but its not the right dough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Oct - 8:30

aw man, i hope i can use the puff pastry i don't have time to still make dough.

Back to top Go down

Post by JanD Fri 3 Oct - 8:33

MOW - you can also go to pick and pay and ask them for dough - they normally give it to you in a bag and then all you have to do is roll it out and add toppings!
JanD
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Oct - 8:38

o ok, i will go get some. it's not expensive. we usually buy that dough from p'np for 'vetkoek'.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Oct - 8:44

Im sure its not impossible to use the puff pastry.... but it's not the way normal pizza will be :)

Why not use the puff for a nice quiche sometime -- I know the recipes usually call for a shortcrust base but we've tried both and the puff tastes sooooooo much nicer.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2TA Fri 3 Oct - 9:04

wow, that pizza recipe sounds DIVINE JanD!!! think I might have to try it myself...

MOW, you could always buy ready made bases if you're not up to trying to make your own (otherwise, as mentioned, the bakery at PnP sells ready made dough)... I think the ItalPizza bases are the best... slightly pricey but just the yummiest... Buy the margerita one and then just add a couple of extra toppings...

I had a pizza last night as hubby went out for dinner with the guys... it was so good, I feel like another one today (ok, maybe it's cos I am pregnant?!?!?!)
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 12822
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Everything happens for a reason...
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 3 Oct - 9:10

im also really craving pizza! ok, so if we get to go home early today i will attempt to make my own dough or get the dough from pick 'n pay and just cheat a little. but if we work till normal time i will cheat alot and just get the ready made pizza base! hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by JanD Fri 3 Oct - 9:34

haha 2TA i always feel like pizza and Im not pregnant! I just looooooooove cheese so much!I lived in France for a bit (when i was 21 - long time ago) and it was like heaven for me with all that cheese !! so I just had to marry a swiss man hehe
JanD
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2TA Fri 3 Oct - 9:40

ok, good - i can admit that i can probably eat pizza every day even when not pregnant!!! ha ha!!!
and ah, you're right... cheese... although, pretty much not experimental (don't do stinky feet cheeses) but gouda is just my ultimate... a block of gouda lasts about 2 days in our house, between my hubby, my daughter and myself, we chow down!!!!
imagine life without cheese?!?!?! ahhhhhhh, terrible thought!
and you're lucky - not only about your man and cheese but what about swiss chocolate... YUMMY!!!!
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 12822
Favourite Quote : Everything happens for a reason...

Back to top Go down

Post by JEM Fri 3 Oct - 11:55

STOP THE FOOOODDDD TALK Hahahahaha.....
JEM
JEM
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8724
Favourite Quote : Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down