Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constipation

4 posters

Go down

Constipation Empty Constipation

Post by Rose-Anne Thu 27 Nov - 12:41

These fruit cubes used to do the trick but it doesnt anymore. Luzaan was in tears yesterday and I had to help the pooh out(sorry tmi). Giving her Laxette for a couple of days but doesnt really do the trick. Any ideas?
Rose-Anne
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 10150
Birthday : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Constipation Empty Re: Constipation

Post by Guest Thu 27 Nov - 12:51

maybe some Dulphalac
its a very sweet syrup - even i use it sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Thu 27 Nov - 21:03

I'm all for natural remedies. Try some prune juice - I bet you it'll work!
Venus
Venus
Admin

Number of posts : 12405
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming, "WOO HOOOO! What a ride!"
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.bridal-lane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose-Anne Fri 28 Nov - 11:40

Me too, thats why I have not given her the Laxette yet. Yesterday her tummy went without any hassles.

Thanks guys.
Rose-Anne
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 10150
Birthday : Johannesburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Tue 3 Feb - 15:34

Isobel seems to be slightly constipated for the last two weeks. She is pooing but all her poos have been like plastacine and in little balls. Last night we gave her a glycerine suppository and she had two big normal poos but i'm not sure if it's the stage 2 honey cerelac cereal or something else in her diet that is causing this...is it normal for their poo to change texture etc when they start eating protein? she eats well, loves her food and doesnt hav any symptoms of allergies - no rash etc... please help!
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8667

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazch Thu 31 Mar - 10:54

Hey Shola,
Is Isobel drinking enough? I had a similar problem with Kevin. He just wouldn't drink and then I had to help him poo, shame. He's much better now. My chemist recommended some sweet oil - can buy it at the chemist - just to mix a little in water with some glucose powder. Quite natural...I myself dont like giving medicine. I was mixing the sweet oil into kevin cereal and it seemed to help and now he's drinking water :) I used those suppository's on Tayla and then my doctor warned me not to use too many glycerine suppositories as they just stimulate the child to poo and eventually they can lose all control and may rely on the suppository's to help them go.
Hope you've had some luck with your problem.
:)
Kazch
Kazch

Number of posts : 31
Birthday : Durban
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: