Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergies

+6
Sue786
Liesl
Venus
Sumé
Logan's mommy
Shola
10 posters

Go down

Allergies Empty Allergies

Post by Shola Mon 17 Nov - 13:32

Hi all - as u know Isobel has had allergies which resulted in eczema since she was four months old... the doc prescribed corisone cream, antihistamine and repair creams... it started to heal and now has returned... and now she is scratching it... the doc said tht if the meds didnt clear it we should change her formula.. she is on NAN2 right now...which is the best formula to try? Also, could she be allergic to butternut? can anyone be allergic to butternut?

We've stopped using stay soft on her clothes and we use bath soap sparingly(j&j top to toe) and we only put aqueous cream on her aside from the prescribed stuff so i'm not sure wht she is reacting too... he dad had eczema and has sensitive skin too...
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8667
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Allergies Empty Re: Allergies

Post by Logan's mommy Mon 17 Nov - 13:37

The doctor could be right about the formula, my friend's little one had the same thing. She changed to Isomil, and it cleared up quickly.
Logan's mommy
Logan's mommy
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 647
Birthday : 7 May 1982

http://www.yoli.co.za

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumé Mon 17 Nov - 13:38

Shola...i know that there is NAN HA available...HA stands for Hypo Allergenic....dr also told us to use it we ever switch to formula...haven't yet...but my husband has asthma and eczema. Maybe give that a try?
Sumé
Sumé
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5589
Birthday : 28/12/1977
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Mon 17 Nov - 14:56

Thanks LM and SEH - our doc said that if we switch formula's there's no point in switching to NAN HA becos it is in essence the same thing - he said we could choose whichever other formula we wanted but we hav never really thought about it before...she was given NAN from birth so we just continued. I think we may give Isomil a try!
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Mon 17 Nov - 16:34

I may be wrong here, but I've heard that J&J really isn't one of the best products to be using if your child has a sensitive skin. Perhaps try something else for a little while & see how it goes? You can always go back to finish the J&J that you have if it doesn't turn out to be that.
Venus
Venus
Admin

Number of posts : 12405
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming, "WOO HOOOO! What a ride!"
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.bridal-lane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liesl Mon 17 Nov - 20:02

I am with Venus - I have heard of alot of kids that is alergic to J&J.

When Ethan was a newborn we washed him with aqueous cream, cause new born is most also very sensitive, maybe give that a try or try another make baby wash, like Anique (sp) the rooibos product.

I will first try another baby wash than if that does not work then look at the formula!
Liesl
Liesl
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3605
Birthday : Ruimsig
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov - 20:28

Hi Shola,
Madri was also a very allergic baby.
Our pediatrician advised to bath her with Epizone A and then for cream use Epizone E.
It worked... unfortunately it doesn't smell like baby....
Good luck!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue786 Mon 17 Nov - 22:47

Hi My lg also has sensitive skin. I use the fragrance free aqueous cream. she has an allergic reaction to the fragranced one. Also try bathing her with the same cream. Keep her skin well moisturised, i cream mine 4-5 times a day. Hope this helps.
Sue786
Sue786
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 824
Birthday : 1981-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov - 7:56

maybe try bath her with Elizabeth Anne's or the Epizone A or just plain Aqua's cream(sp)

good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy Tue 18 Nov - 9:13

Isomil is a soya milk, and it is the best!!! i am a isomil fan!
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3098
Favourite Quote : 'Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and sa

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunch Tue 18 Nov - 14:03

I also vote for soya milk and Epizone A&E.
Repair is also very good.
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2561
Birthday : Somerset West

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Fri 21 Nov - 11:55

thnks everyone !
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JanD Mon 24 Nov - 15:25

Hi Shola - please send me your address I will send you some of our baby wash (PM me your Po box or closest post office)- J&J is terrible and very harsh
JanD
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3310
Birthday : 16 june
Favourite Quote : I always lie about my age..I tell people Im 10 years older than I am..then they always think I look great for my age

http://www.veritespa.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by JanD Mon 24 Nov - 15:26

ps our being my companies - not like my personal stash from heaths bathroom or anything unhygienic!
JanD
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3310
Birthday : 16 june
Favourite Quote : I always lie about my age..I tell people Im 10 years older than I am..then they always think I look great for my age

http://www.veritespa.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Sun 30 Nov - 19:50

thanks Jan!
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Mon 15 Dec - 8:14

Okay - so we've changed Isobel's formula to Isomil and we're just going to use the one tin and see if that makes any difference to her skin. she is still itchy alot of the time and i feel so sorry for her when she starts scratching everywhere! her skin is dry no matter how much cream i put on it or how often and it also looks blotchy - i am worried that she will b stuck with a life long condition or something..
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Tue 3 Feb - 15:37

An update on Isobel's eczema - it's cleared up!!! we're so happy - except for a little scab on her elbow that she used to scratch raw her skin is really like a baby's now! :) we're using Isomil which i think was the main key to getting rid of the allergies that were causing the rash etc.
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Fri 6 Feb - 13:46

That's absolutely wonderful news! So glad for her.
Venus
Venus
Admin

Favourite Quote : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming, "WOO HOOOO! What a ride!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Fri 6 Feb - 13:46

That's absolutely wonderful news! So glad for her.
Venus
Venus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Fri 28 Dec - 17:08

Allergies 845452
Ange
Ange
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2117
Birthday : Midrand
Favourite Quote : If you don't believe in anything you'll fall for anything!
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum