Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diarrhea

+5
QT
Honeybunch
Bernie
JEM
Tammy
9 posters

Go down

Diarrhea Empty Diarrhea

Post by Tammy Wed 12 Nov - 20:01

wes has since monday had an upset tummy, he had a temp as well for a day, but that has disapearred, it is just his tummy now, and he is absoulutley miserable, never happy anymore, i dont understand, the whole weekend he was fine. his stools are runny and gel like...what could e causing this?what can i give him?
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3098
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : 'Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and sa
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Diarrhea Empty Re: Diarrhea

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov - 6:48

I don't know what could be causing it and if it keeps going on you might have to take him to the doc. but whenever wyatt gets a runny tummy, before i run to the doctor i give him some infantflora(i think it's called) it's like a intaflora for babies. you get it at the chemist by all the other intaflora's, should be in a fridge. You just put one tablet in his bottle 3 times a day and with wyatt it sorts out the problem in a day or two. it just restores the natural balance in there tummies. and not really a med.

Back to top Go down

Post by JEM Thu 13 Nov - 7:02

is he not teething mtw? I know my LO gets a runny tummy for a good few days when we get teeth. sad
JEM
JEM
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8724
Favourite Quote : Its easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernie Thu 13 Nov - 7:05

I was also thinking teeth perhaps.
Tait also gets a very runny stomach before a tooth arrives
Bernie
Bernie
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3867
Birthday : Cape Town, SA
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeybunch Thu 13 Nov - 8:09

How's Wes? Tummy better?
Diarrhea
Diarrhea 8NqCDiarrhea
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2561
Birthday : Somerset West

Back to top Go down

Post by QT Thu 13 Nov - 8:27

My kids also get runny tummy's while teething although with the fever it sounds a bit like a viral thing but if he's not vomiting, then the intaflora or infantflora should work. I found a better one which is called Reuteri drops. You just put 5 drops in their mouth and it's tasteless. Should help his tummy.
QT
QT
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5770
Birthday : Johannesburg
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Essie Thu 13 Nov - 10:12

Could it be from the scratches he got? I doubt, but I was just wondering.

good luck! , hope he feels better soon!!!
Essie
Admin

Number of posts : 19009
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy Thu 13 Nov - 13:57

i dunno, i guess it could be teeth, as he has none and is already 10 mths, but i dont see anything!!! his tummy is still the same today, ut at least it hasnt seem to effect his appetite for food or bottle
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Favourite Quote : 'Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and sa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov - 14:34

Zara has had a on and off runny tummy for the past 3 weeks. she had diarrhea and was treated and then her appetite returned to normal, but sometimes her stools are still a bit sour and jelly like. She also has no teeth yet, but there were a few times when her mouth was quite warm...

AND... I FINALLY found prodol...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov - 5:29

it may be that the tooth are comming out.My LO had similar problem,infact he did not eat but the Doctor refuse to give him any antibiotic except water solution till he got better after about a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy Fri 14 Nov - 18:53

still runny tummy! een almost a week now, i have been giving him the reutri (sp?) tablets....(cheaper than drops) i just squash it and mix it with a drop of water and put it in a dropper and give it to him like this, but it doesnt seem to be doing the trick! but i was thinking anout 3 wks ago he had his measles injection....could this be a side effect?
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov - 20:17

mumtowesley wrote:still runny tummy! een almost a week now, i have been giving him the reutri (sp?) tablets....(cheaper than drops) i just squash it and mix it with a drop of water and put it in a dropper and give it to him like this, but it doesnt seem to be doing the trick! but i was thinking anout 3 wks ago he had his measles injection....could this be a side effect?

absolutely no!it's been 3 weeks remember?.he would have gotten over whatever side effect the injection might have.
take him to the doctor to comfirm what's realy going on.in the meantime give him the water soution(ORT) to replace the lost electrolyte.
i suspect gastroenteritis.it could be treated if detected early so.the earlier he's treated, the better for the kid. good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy Fri 14 Nov - 20:34

thanks Art, he is getting more than enought liquids, and has no appetite problems, but i think you are right, about taking him to doc, i just put it down to teething,, as when he puts something in his mouth he cries.
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alison_L Fri 14 Nov - 20:36

I spoke to the clinic sister today and she said tummy bugs are doing the rounds here.
Alison_L
Alison_L
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 6191
Birthday : Johannesburg
Favourite Quote : Having children is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body.
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy Fri 14 Nov - 20:39

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i just thank my lucky stars he has had the rotavirus injection, so if that it wont be sooooo severe.
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumé Mon 17 Nov - 13:41

i've read somewhere that bananas and avo's are both great when baby has runny tummy...it 'binds' everything....
Sumé
Sumé
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5589
Birthday : 28/12/1977
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov - 9:40

Hi Ladies

Ive been reading all yo comments about diarrea, Please help me im not sure whether to get infantflora or what . he has a runny tummy since yesterday and when I got home one Toofie had already popped up , but now the runny tummy is still there the problem is he doent want anything to drink or eat, Ive asked my mother to give him water & he doesnt want to now im scared he's going to be dehydrated.

Is there anything that I can give to stop the runny tummy , he has had three nappies two nappies already and its not evn midday yet.

Im worried plz help ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy Sat 29 Nov - 10:42

as MOW says try a intaflora or reutari drops ( i find that the tablets dont work) but wes is fine now, butno toofies, so that couldnt have been it!
Tammy
Tammy
Valued Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Wed 14 Jan - 9:32

For a runny tummy you can try the A B C diet

A - Appels - the red apple grated and left to stand untill a bit brown
B - Bananas - also squashed
C - Carrots - also squashed
Chantel
Chantel
Valued Member

Number of posts : 3392