Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chilli Con Carne (a Weight Watchers recipe) - by Venus

Go down

Chilli Con Carne (a Weight Watchers recipe) - by Venus Empty Chilli Con Carne (a Weight Watchers recipe) - by Venus

Post by Venus Thu 16 Oct - 22:28

This was one of my favourite recipes when I did Weight Watchers a few years ago - and I still make it quite often today because it really is a lovely comfort food, even though it's low in calories.

Ingredients

Low fat cooking spray
2 large onions, chopped finely
4 garlic cloves, crushed
600g (1lb 5oz) extra lean beef mince
4 red peppers, de-seeded and chopped finely
450g (1lb) mushrooms, sliced
1 small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely or 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1kg (2lb 4oz) carrots, chopped finely
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 x 400g cans of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
300ml (½ pint) vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a small bunch of fresh coriander or parsley, chopped to serve

Instructions

Heat a very large nonstick saucepan or casserole, spray with the low fat cooking spray. Stir fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until softened, adding a little water if necessary.

Add the mince and stir fry, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes until it is browned all over. Season and add all the other ingredients.

Bring to the boil and then simmer gently with a lid on for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaves. Serve with the coriander or parsley scattered over the top.
Venus
Venus
Admin

Number of posts : 12405
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming, "WOO HOOOO! What a ride!"
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.bridal-lane.com

Back to top Go down