Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sinus

2 posters

Go down

Sinus Empty Sinus

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan - 7:46

Honeybunch, maybe you can give me some advice. My LG, 20 months has been sick since August, and after that on antibiotics every month. If not ear infections, upper resp. I went to the ENT the first week of Dec, but at that time the ears were fine. Then she had it again over xmas time and the ENT was on leave then. Now Friday she started fever again and we went straight to him again and he said it is definately not her ears or tonsils. I must see my GP for a urine test ect. So we went saturday and he could also not find anything wrong and said that sometimes when they struggle with sinus, it can cause a fever. And off course, another dose of antibiotics. He also gave desselex that she must take every day. Do you have any advice for me and also is there any good immune booster that you can suggest. I got crechguard - will that do ?

Back to top Go down

Sinus Empty Re: Sinus

Post by Honeybunch Mon 19 Jan - 11:08

Creche guard is fine. What really helps for sinus is a nasal spray calles Nasonex. It is registerd to be used from age 2 years and up, but in cases like your, you can start at 20months. Deselex is also great and the combianation of Deselex and Nasanex is fantastic, BUT you have to use it every day.
Usually the bad allergy season ends February, then you can stop all those medication and see how she does, but as soos as the allergies start again (September), you have to start giving it again.
I know children hates nasal sprays, but the side effect of that comparing to oral medication is so much less.
And that will prevent active infection...thus no more antibiotics.

Just ask your doc next time you see one to tell you if your LO has huge tonsils. I've seen hundreds of patients with big tonsils: they are the ones that gets upper respiratory tract infections more easlily than those with small tonsils. Then I'd suggest you take the tonsils out. And you'll see, as soos as it's out, they just don't get sick so often anymore!
Sinus 8lRbSinus
Sinus ZCDySinus
Honeybunch
Honeybunch
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2561
Birthday : Somerset West
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan - 11:18

thanks alot ! I have Nasonex, will use it everyday from now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Petro Mon 19 Jan - 12:16

Honeybunch - I think my LB also suffers from Sinus & Postnasal Drip. I really don't know what to do about his nose anymore - if it is not blocked it is runny - and I am talking about everyday. He hates it when I come near his nose to clean it. I have tried Iliadin & Salex but it is just not helping. He is only 8 months old so I cannot use the Nasonex. Do you perhaps have any advice for me?
Petro
Petro
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5433
Birthday : Kempton Park
Favourite Quote : Live and let live
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan - 19:09

What about Sterimar? Paed prescribed it for Sebastien sometime ago for allergies/etc....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum