Baby Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teething

+3
Anicha
2TA
Petro
7 posters

Go down

Teething Empty Teething

Post by Petro Mon 17 Nov - 19:17

I would just like to know, how long is teething supposed to last. It seems like forever since Christian has been showing teething symptoms - drooling, itchy gums, restlessness, "teething nappy", not sleeping properly at night. Every day I think it can't be that much longer, but gee, it feels like forever...!!!
Petro
Petro
Devoted Member

Number of posts : 5433
Birthday : Kempton Park
Favourite Quote : Live and let live
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Back to top Go down

Teething Empty Re: Teething

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov - 20:35

Hi Petro!!
Marni is busy with her top "oogtande" and we are struggling for 2 weeks now and they have still not cut through.
It depends from baby to baby.
My pead told me I can rub Ponstan on her gums... just measure 5ml in something and use from there so you will be able to control how much you give. Definately works, but for immediate relief I still rub Prodol / Dynexan as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2TA Tue 18 Nov - 12:48

The sad part Petro - is that every child is different which means they all teeth differently...
We were really lucky in that Jess would teeth two at a time so half the amount of waking, drooling etc - well, I saw it that way :)
also, she sprouted 16 teeth in a short space of time whereas she has some friends her take forever to sprout just one tooth!

We found Bonjela to be really good with her, as well as using Ashtons and Parsons when her poohs were really sour smelling! Also, when she was a bit niggly, we would rub some Weleda Teething Remedy into her cheek... These were all recommendations from our Clinic.
lastly, a bit of calpol/panado never hurt them :)

good luck!
2TA
2TA
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 12822
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Everything happens for a reason...
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Anicha Tue 18 Nov - 13:57

Anicha
Anicha
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2144
Birthday : 1 SEPTEMBER 1986
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue786 Wed 19 Nov - 5:25

my lg is just over 6 months. Last night she had a fever of 39.2 I gave her ponado and this morn her temp dropped to 38.5. She is not miserable just drooling a bit extra. But her pooh seems to be a bit harder. Could it be teething.
Sue786
Sue786
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 824
Birthday : 1981-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue786 Wed 19 Nov - 5:35

she is also making a bit of a pushing, squealy noise
Sue786
Sue786
Enthusiastic Member

Number of posts : 824
Birthday : 1981-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov - 16:16

is it normal for them to have watery pooh's (more like a wet fart) ?
Aedan has about 5 - 7 of them per day...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Sat 21 Mar - 17:39

has anyone ever tried VIBURCOL supportsitories...i rushed to the pharmacy this afternoon becos Isobel was inconsolable and i defn thought it was a pain cry from possible teething and the chemist recommended this....
i also got prodol as a back-up- she only ate half of her supper and was wailing so much...Barry and i didnt know wht to do - she doesnt hav a fever so we dont suspect an infection and we checked her body to see if maybe she hurt herself or had a painful bite and nothing... we gave her panado drops and she is asleep now but i dont know how long tht will last...
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Number of posts : 8667

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar - 13:30

I've used Viburcol and it has helped Evangeline when she is very restless at night. I keep it in her bag incase she needs it when we are out somewhere. It seems to work fast and has few side effects.
She showed signs of teething from her 3rd month but only got her first tooth last week. She is almost 10 months now.
I use Vidol power when she is in pain at night before her last bottle of the evening. She hates any of those teething gels or liquid to rub on her gums.

Back to top Go down

Post by Venus Mon 23 Mar - 13:32

Oh wow, Moody Eve, what a gorgeous avatar!!
Venus
Venus
Admin

Number of posts : 12405
Birthday : Cape Town
Favourite Quote : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming, "WOO HOOOO! What a ride!"
Registration date : 2008-09-23

http://www.bridal-lane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Tue 24 Mar - 10:59

Thanks MoodyEve! I havent used any of the stuff i got on Sunday yet - Isobel has been fine since and no teeth yet!
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Thu 7 May - 15:05

Isobel's sooo unhappy now that her first tooth is peeping out - we're using powders, prodol, panado and lots of snuggling to get thru it but my poor baby is so not herself! i want to get amber beads but it doesnt seem like any shops in pretoria stock them!
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Niknaks Thu 7 May - 20:46

Shame, Shola. The first set is rather painful. She will be back to her usual cute self within a couple of days, but yes it is distressing. Have you ever tried that RazBerry? The dummy that looks like a raspberry? that really helped K with her first rounds of teeth.

You can try at Dischem - they didn't have the amber one, but they had another teething necklace made from polished shells... works wonders :)
Niknaks
Niknaks
Valued Member

Number of posts : 2828
Birthday : 11 December

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Fri 8 May - 21:50

Thanks Niknaks! I'll try Dischem tomorrow - she seems to be having a lull in the teething now - the top right tooth is just slightly out - nothing else...oh well, we've waited this long so a couple for weeks for the first tooth to REALLY make a showing doesnt matter...i can feel it tho so that's a good sign. :)
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 May - 22:11

I think Luke is also going through teething at the moment - he is almost 8 months and no visible teeth yet. He has been sleeping through the night for a couple of months (actually from 6 months when I started solids) but last night he woke up at 11pm and was so upset. He seemed to be in pain so we just tried to distract him and keep his mind off it. Prodol / Vidol are our drugs of choice - they seem to help him. It seems like you just have to take it one day at a time as there are no rules. He loves munching on his plastic bath toys so we have a sea creature at every station in the house for him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 May - 17:12

Shame Shola! The first few a very painful for them and also some just handle it better than others. Steph is taking strain on her 4th molar... the first 3 were fine but this one is a bugga -- she's even woken up screaming in the night which she hasn't EVER done with any of her teeth but she's always just been super miserable!

I honestly don't believe much helps -- we just constantly dose with Panado and Teejel during the really bad times other wise it's just a matter of being there and helping them through it :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shola Thu 21 May - 18:44

well, Isobel's first tooth is still just out a tad and nothing else has appeared yet... i think it's going to be a long wait with this one! :)
Shola
Shola
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum